I met up with brother Abdul Rahman Ooi (Ah Poh) just now in Damansara Damai after Sis Nurlily Yap sms to me about his case. I pay a visit to his rented apartment and we go for a drink short after. Currently he is working part time at a Non-Halal Kopitiam and earning RM30-35 per day and his wife Fatimah is a full time housewives looking after their 2nd daughter name Nur Aishah Ooi. They lost their 1st son when his son is only 28 days due to unknown illness. Is a sudden death.
Some info about this couple.
- Revert together in Kelantan when they are working there
- Ah Poh is a local aged 27 while his wife Johorean 23 this year
- They married in Narathiwat, South of Thailand after a recommendation from a friend
- Decided to move back to KL as they cant find any job there
Ah Poh been up & down to Baitulmal, PERKIM, JAIS and etc but without any respond. Officer from that particular dept kick him around like a ball with answer like "u bukan masuk Islam di sini you pergi JAIS la", an officer visit him and wife in hospital when his wife is about to deliver their daughter and ask Ah Poh to meet him if he need any help and Ah Poh meet the officer few weeks later as his daughter is sick and need money for medication and the officer reply "I cant help because I do not have power, sorry"... I was like speechless after hearing this. A kids is sick and yet they offer nothing but EXCUSES??? There is a lot more that we talk about but I prefer to out it into action therefore I have
- purchase 2 can of Dumex Milk Powder for her daughter which can last until 3weeks (max) because adult cant withstand hunger but not a baby
- pay the balance of his rental RM200 because he have paid RM150 (per month rental is RM350)
Next action is looking for
- rice cooker
- electric kettle
- rice & some can food as the kitchen cabinet is EMPTY, KOSONG (Ah Poh only eat Maggi every day and occasionally rice as he wont allow his wife to eat Maggi,)
- job placement (preferably Factory or labour job as he quit school after Standard 3)
- Weekend religious classes (we need someone to fetch him to PERKIM for classes as he do not have transport but meantime i will volunteer myself 1st)
- any form of contribution to ease his monthly burden from MACMA, Baitulmal, Lembaga Zakat
I prefer to talk about solution rather than problem because the more we talk about the problem the more problem come out and we will forget that we have a duty in hand in which is to help our reverted brother & sister wherever they are.
REMEMBER THIS : WE ARE IN NO POSITION TO QUESTION THEIR SINCERITY AS THAT IS BETWEEN THEM & ALLAH. WE MUST HELP THEM WITHOUT ANY SUSPICIOUS & QUESTIONING AS THAT IS NOT BY CHOICE BUT IS A RESPONSIBILITY!!!
THOSE WHO IN CHARGE OF WELFARE FUND MUST REMEMBER THAT THE MONEY IN THE COFFER DOESNT BELONG TO THEM AS THAT MONEY IS BELONG TO ALL MUSLIM AND THEY ARE JUST A TRUSTEE TO HELP AS MANY BROTHER & SISTER AS POSSIBLE. QUESTIONING REVERT SINCERITY IS QUESTIONING WHY ALLAH GIVING THEM HIDAYAH. WE DO OUR PART AND THE REST IS BETWEEN THEM & ALLAH.
WE HELP THEM BECAUSE OF ALLAH. NOTHING BELONG TO US AS EVERYTHING IS LOAN TO US BY ALLAH SO HELP OTHER AND REMEMBER ALLAH IS WATCHING US!!!